If you want your website to be successful, you need to make sure that it is user-friendly. This means ensuring that it is easy for your visitors to navigate and find the information they are looking for. In this blog post, we will discuss 9 ways to make your website user-friendly. Keep reading for more tips!
9 Steps to Improve Website Usability
- Place Your Logo in the Header: Your logo should be prominently displayed in the header of your website. This will help visitors to easily identify your brand. This also gives your page a clean and professional look. A simple logo can be the difference between whether a customer choses you or a competitor.
- Make Your Website Responsive: In today's world, it is essential that your website is responsive. This means that it will adjust to fit the screen size of any device, whether it be a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. If your website is not responsive, you will likely lose potential customers. You will also want to ensure that the speed of your website optimized. A slow website will increase the bounce rate, and lower your ranking on Google.
- Add Your Company Products and Services: Your website should be a resource for your customers. This means that you should add information about your company's products and services. You can also provide helpful resources, such as how-to guides, installation instructions, and product manuals.
- Include Your Business Contact Info: Make it easy for your customers to contact you by including your business contact info on your website. This should include your phone number, email address, and mailing address. A useful tip is if you are a home business get a mailing address. This will give your website a professional look, while concealing the location of your home.
- Accept Orders Online: If you are a business that sells products or services, you will want to accept orders online. This will make it easy for your customers to purchase what they need, and it will save them the trouble of having to call or visit your physical location. If you are accepting payments online it is also important to ensure you are using a SSL certificate, so that you have access to the secure https browser.
- Make Your Website Easy to Navigate: One of the most important aspects of a user-friendly website is that it is easy to navigate. This means ensuring that your pages are properly organized, and that all of your links work correctly. You should also use headings and subheadings to help break up the content on your pages.
- Use High-Quality Images: The images you use on your website should be high quality, and relevant to the content on your page. Poor quality images will make your website look unprofessional, and can deter potential customers from doing business with you.
- Proofread Your Content: It is important to proofread all of the content on your website, to ensure that there are no errors. This includes checking for spelling and grammatical mistakes, as well as making sure that your sentences are properly constructed.
- Link Your Company Social Media Accounts: If you have social media accounts for your business, be sure to link them to your website. This will allow your customers to follow you on social media, and stay up-to-date with what is going on with your company. This will also allow Google to know that your social accounts are linked to your business website.
By following these tips, you can make your website more user-friendly, and increase the chances of customers doing business with you. If you have any questions, or need help getting started, be sure to contact us! We would be happy to assist you.
What other tips do you have for making a user-friendly website? Share them in the comments below!